As a CASA certified operator, there are certain safety rules and regulations.
- Not flying any closer than 30 metres to people in general.
- Not flying any closer than 15 metres to a person without expressed permission.
- Not flying over crowds or traffic.
- Not flying any higher than 120 metres (400 ft) above ground level.
- Not flying beyond visual line of sight.
- Not flying within 5.5 km (3 nm) of a controlled aerodrome or airfield without specific permission.
- Not flying at night without specific permission.
- Not flying in any manner that creates a hazard to another person, aircraft or property.
Safety is paramount with any drone operation and every flight will be strictly assessed with a Risk Assessment to ensure all CASA safety rules are adhered to and the drone can be used within operational limitations such as weather conditions.
The drone cannot be operated in wet weather (rain or drizzle) of any kind without risk to damaging the sensitive electronic components. Also to mitigate both risk and a successful stable image capture the drone is restricted to wind speeds less than 25 km/hr (15 knots).
It is possible to operate the drone indoors, although it is preferred that there is adequate clearance from any ceilings or walls such as an auditorium or similar space. Again, any indoor operation will be subject to a Risk Assessment.